Our practice respects your right to privacy. We realise that it is important for you to understand the purpose for which we collect details about your health, as well as how this information is used at our practice and to whom the information might be disclosed.
The policy of our practice is to follow these procedures:
- The information collected will be used for the purpose of providing treatment to you.
Personal information such as your name, address and health insurance details will be used
for the purpose of addressing accounts to you, as well as processing payments and writing
to you about our services and any issues affecting your treatment.
- We may disclose your health information to other health care professionals, or require it
from them if, in our judgement, that it is necessary in the context of your treatment. In that event, disclosure of your personal details will be minimised wherever possible.
- We may also use part of your health information for research purposes, in study groups or seminars as this may provide benefit to other patients. Should that happen, your personal
identity will not be disclosed without your consent to do so.
- Your medical history, treatment records, x-rays and any other material relevant to your
treatment will be kept here. You may inspect or request copies of our records of your
treatment at any time, or seek an explanation from the dentist. A statutory fee will be
charged in relation to the type of access you seek. If you request an explanation of our
records or a written summary, our usual fees apply to these services.
- If any information we have about you is inaccurate, you may ask us to alter your records
- Text messages are a reminder service for appointments, recalls and communications. If you do not wish to receive text messages, please advise our administration team.
You can otherwise rest assured that your health information will be treated with the utmost
confidentiality. Disclosure will not be made to any person not involved in either your treatment or the administration of this practice, without your prior written consent. If you have any queries or concerns about our handling of your health information, please do not hesitate to raise these concerns with our practice.